Wishes may vary from one person to another. If you are a Ms. Universe contestant, definitely you only have one ultimate wish which would make the crowd cheer, ‘World Peace.’ If you are a kid, simple wishes like having PSP or going to the mall make u jump for joy and promise that you’ll start being a good boy.
As we grow older, we start to realize that some wishes are really impossible. But just for the heck of it, here’s the list of my impossible wishes:
– We get our salary every 28th of the month. I wish every day is the 28th so that I will have lots of money and I could buy whoever anything I want.
– My parents and my baby brother are coming to Kuala Lumpur on April 11, 2009 to visit me. I wish it’s already April 11 today so that I could see them now.
– It’s fun to sign autographs for a living and be recognized. I wish I am the most popular celebrity in the world so that I could buy whoever whatever I want.
– Thanks to Edward Cullen. He made being a vampire look like it’s the best thing that could ever happen in your life. Because of that, I wish I could be young forever. But I still wish that I could sleep unlike him, because I want people to see my youthful glow. Dang.
– Going back and forth from KL to Manila could really cost you a fortune. I wish I have the power of teleportation (not just plain astral projection) so that I could go home to see my family and friends in an instant.
– Who doesn’t wish to be David Beckham? If I were him, I could go to the office shirtless, wear skirts or have many tattoos and I will still look kewl.
– I wish I were Miriam Defensor Santiago. I could tell the whole world I will jump on a plane without a parachute, say ‘I lied!’ after, and I could still get away with it.
Then again, we should always be careful on what we wish for. We could not have everything in an instant. It takes time but it’s okay. And most of the times, it’s not the impossible wishes that give us the sense of fulfillment. The people we meet, the decisions we make and the road we travel are the factors which make our journey more interesting.
And in relation to this, I know life is a very long journey. I have yet to see who will stay with me until the end of my story.